AW: lost??

harald.husemann at materna.de harald.husemann at materna.de
Mon Mar 26 14:15:55 GMT 2001

Hi Greg,

it's easy: Configure searches for the original C++-Compiler, "cc". I presume
you're using gcc (I do so on SUN Solaris), and it should be no problem to
make configure see what it wants:
Just link "gcc" to "cc" in /usr/local/bin (or whereever "gcc" is installed),
and it should work, 'cause the two compilers are fully compatible.
BtW: If you don't want to set the link in /usr/..., (maybe because of
security issues), you can also set the link in the dir where you want to
compile samba, if you add "." to the path-Variable by: (This is for bash)

"export PATH=$PATH:."

Best regards,
and nice work with samba,

Harald Husemann