IPC shared memory problem

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Fri Mar 23 17:51:22 GMT 2001

Hi Craig,
Try the following; bring down samba, then use ipcrm  to remove the shared
memory
and semaphores associated with it.
Then log in as root (don' su to root, actually LOG IN as root), and start
samba again.
I have seen similar problems when someone started samba after su'ing to root
from a
normal user...
Hope this helps,
Don