Samba license info link yields 404 error.

Mary Hubben maryh at oreilly.com
Thu Mar 22 18:37:03 GMT 2001

Hi Samba team,

I'm one of the webmasters for oreilly.com, O'Reilly & Associates' Web site.
A customer sent us email stating that they got the following broken URL
from samba.org: http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/samba/licenseinfo.html.
Would you please update the URL? It should point people to
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/samba/chapter/licenseinfo.html . This is
where the licensing info. for "Using Samba" lives.

Thanks,
Mary

>From: Emmert John-CJE011 <John.Emmert at motorola.com>
>To: "'webmaster at oreilly.com'" <webmaster at oreilly.com>
>Subject: Samba license info link yields 404 error.
>Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 09:44:10 -0600
>
>The "Using Samba" html book distributed with Samba now (obtained from
www.samba.org) has a link to
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/samba/licenseinfo.html. This link is
apparently dead. The full text of the referring link is as follows:

>Copyright (c) 1999 by O'Reilly & Associates. This book, Using Samba, first
edition, was written by Robert Eckstein, David Collier-Brown, and Peter
Kelly, and published by O'Reilly & Associates. This material may be
distributed only subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the
license, which is presently available at