sambaproblem security=domain

Josef Hauern linux at gabo.de
Wed Mar 21 15:01:27 GMT 2001

hello,

i want to configure my sambaserver like this:
sambaserver, only user "me" is allowed to use share "root". this user exist
in the nt 4 domain "DOMAIN 4".
if user request the share "root" it will be authenticated by the pdc
(primary domain controller nt4). user don´t need to type his password, cause
he is already logged in the domain. if password is still requested the
password is the nt4domain password of the user not the password in the
linuxmachine from user.
i read the samba documentation and made some modifications in my smb.conf.

a. password server =*, after that i used the server manager for domain in my
pdc and added the linuxmachine "SAMB" as ntworkstation or ntserver into the
domain"DOMAIN4"
b.  smbpassword -j DOMAIN4 (report = joined domain)
c. dann smb.conf umgeändert ( security = domain, valid user = me, encryptd
password = true )
d. user "me" exists in NT4 Domain controller and Linuxmachine.

Unfortunately it doesn´t work yet. did i forget something?
here is my smb.conf

# Global parameters
[global]
 workgroup = DOMAIN4
 netbios name = SAMB
 interfaces = 192.168.2.207/255.255.255.0
 security = DOMAIN
 encrypt passwords = Yes
 password server = *
 deadtime = 3