Credentials Error

Simon Falconer simon.falconer at nzhis.govt.nz
Wed Mar 21 06:08:49 GMT 2001

Hi folks.

I've set up several shares on our Unix host 'Geddon' which have all been
working fine.  The shares have all had the same valid user who I set-up
using smbpasswd.  I then set-up a second user (devsrc) in smbpasswd and made
the new user the sole valid user of one of the shares (data1).

Whenever I try to access this share the following Windows NT error occurs.
I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on what this error means?

---------------------
\\Geddon\data1 is not accessible.
The credentials supplied conflict with an existing set of credentials.
---------------------

 <<...>>

Shares information in smb.conf

[data1]
   comment = Developer's work area 1
   path = /data1
   writable = yes
   printable = no
   create mask = 0755
   valid users = devsrc
   revalidate = yes

[data2]
   comment = Developer's work area 2
   path = /data2
   writable = yes
   printable = no
   create mask = 0755
   valid users = nzhisops
   revalidate = yes

[nzhisops]
   comment = nzhisops work area
   path = /export/home/nzhisops
   writable = yes
   printable = no
   create mask = 0755
   valid users = nzhisops
   revalidate = yes

Thanks in advance.

Simon.

Simon Falconer
Operations.
New Zealand Health Information Service.

Statement of confidentiality: This e-mail message and any accompanying
attachments may contain information that is confidential and subject to
legal privilege.  If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, use,
disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments.
immediately and delete this message.