Some MS Software doesn't work with SAMBA?

Mike Fedyk mfedyk at matchmail.com
Tue Mar 20 20:27:11 GMT 2001

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 03:23:04PM -0500, Brooklyn Linux Solutions CEO wrote:
> Thanks
>
> I've looked through the man page.  As far as I know, we have only
> one level of user.
>

> The unix group owns the the directory (gid) and files/
>
> Do I need to give all the users admin permitions?

add a "force user =" to the share and have it set to the owner of the files.

Also make sure that all of the files are owned by that user.

This is a temporary solution until you have verified that the software is
trying to change permissions, and have tested the samba patch on another machine.

You may try searching "perm style win" for the last 6mo or year to find the
patch.

Mike