Some MS Software doesn't work with SAMBA?

Mike Fedyk mfedyk at matchmail.com
Tue Mar 20 19:33:00 GMT 2001

On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 02:39:28PM -0500, Brooklyn Linux Solutions CEO wrote:
> Our account software has problems writing back to the
> share unless it is logged on by a particular user.
>

> It's a group owned share

How many classes of users do you have for this share?

readers, writers only?

you can map the share to a user and everything will work.  Are all writers?

I think there is a user list option that will let you specify a write user
list.

Sorry, I don't have time to look through the smb.conf man page.  Does
someone else know?

Mike