WINS/LMHOST

John Supplee John at rediscov.com
Tue Mar 20 18:28:43 GMT 2001

I have a samba server with a dash in its name (big-red) running on a network
with an NT4 PDC.  Initially big-red was not showing up in browse lists.  By
adding a DNS entry for him (or is a computer a her) everything was fixed.  I
would say DNS is the way to go.  Windows 2000 is headed in that direction as
well.

John Supplee
  _____

John R. Supplee