Chnage of IP for the Samba PDC

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Tue Mar 20 15:05:44 GMT 2001

Hi,
Just an ip address change shouldn't require any changes on the client,
IF all the clients are resolving the netbios name via wins or dns, AND
you update your wins or dns to associate the new ip address with the
existing netbios name.  OR if your server and clients are all on the
same subnet, and they are resolving netbios name via broadcast.
Hope this helps,
Don