Can't see samba server

Alan Murrell alanm at vcn.bc.ca
Mon Mar 19 19:02:40 GMT 2001

Greetings, All!

I'm new to the list, but have a really burning question...

I have set up my Samba Server, with a share called "homes".  I am also
running Win98 in VMWare on my workstation (which is a different machine from
my Samba server).

When I go into the Network Neighbourhood in Win98, I can only see my Win98
machine.  However, (in Win98) I am able to map a network drive to the
"homes" share on the Samba server, with no problem.  Even after mapping the
network drive, my Samba server still doesn't show upm in Network
Neighbourhood.

Any ideas??  Thanx, in advance!