Samba and java

Chris Howells chowells at bigpond.net.au
Mon Mar 19 07:53:37 GMT 2001

Hi,
I have sent this message before does any one have any ideas? We really need
to be able to run Java class files from the root of a samba share. I think
that the problem may have to do with Samba file name mangeling and that this
may be preventing the java virtual machine from finding the calls file
through the classpath environment variable.

Here is the original message.
Can any one help?

We have had some trouble trying to run applications and applets compiled to
the root directory of   a drive mapped to a Samba share. The VM reports the
it cann't find the main class though the class files will run in
subdirectories or anywhere on a physical fat partition.

Any ideas?

Chris