file transfer problem

Mike Egglestone Mike_Egglestone at fc.schdist57.bc.ca
Sun Mar 18 09:41:18 GMT 2001

Hi all...
Here's my prob....

I have a win98 box that logs into a samba server....
all is good...
when I try to copy a small file(or directory)... say... 5 megs... it
copies over to
network drive with no problem....( a mapped drive set with a login.bat
script)

but when I try to copy a file that is alot bigger... say... 10 megs or
more....
the file starts to copy.. and then about half way through... I get an
error that
says that it lost its connection to the server...
I have made sure that the user logged in has full access to the mapped
drive....

Has anyone had this sort of problem before...?
Is there any steps I could take to help troubleshoot this problem?

thanks for your time

Mike