(no subject)

Paul Jansen vlaero at yahoo.com.au
Sat Mar 17 00:51:44 GMT 2001

Urs & Mike,

If you install the NT server tools for Win9x from off
the NT server CDROM - I think you can probably
download these also - this gives you the explorer
shell extension.  It gives your a
security-permission/ownership dialog.  This will
probably work for Win95 now but I'm not too sure.  I
know that in the last couple of days the user manager
app for 95 will now work correctly.  Give it a try.
You'll need the lastest CVS version for this to happen
though.

 _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 06:01:39PM -0000, Urs Rau
wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Is there a way (speak command/wsh script) that
allows a win9x
> workstation that is logged into a samba domain
server (running
> onlinux for example) to see from the workstation
what owner a
> certain file or directory has?
>
> Under win2k the "dir /q" command does this
adequately.

> And if this is possible, is it then possible for
someone to change
> the ownership of a file to another user or group
from a win9x
> workstation, assuming that the person logged in has
sufficient
> rights to do so of course.
>
> Many thanks,

There is a shell extention to explorer that will let
you modify the unix
permissions.  Don't remember where it is, but you may
be able to search in
the archives.

Mike