Whats all this Linux business anyway?

Ed Kasky ed at esson.net
Fri Mar 16 18:31:37 GMT 2001

Yes, yes and yes....

Windows is just slower at resolving these connections than linux
workstations....

I have my own feelings as to reasons for this. but they are way too steeped
in my contempt for the way Microsoft has developed certain networking
standards (thinking the rest of world would just follow suit) for
discussion here.

Ed

>It might be a name resolution issue. Do you have reverse DNS running for
>your network, or are all your workstations listed in /etc/hosts? Do you
>have hosts allow set in the SMB configuration (which causes name
>resolution to be attempted on connect)?

Ed Kasky
Los Angeles, CA
I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it.
-- Ashleigh Brilliant