question

Tom Beer mailings at analogon.com
Fri Mar 16 12:11:36 GMT 2001

Hi,

Have you set up an samba account according to your
Windows login? The password request pop's up
'cause you want to access a share that's not
configured to be accessable with your windows
login.
Do:
1) create a samba user with the same name as your windows login
2) do smbpasswd
3) in the config (smb.conf) give the user (your windows login) the rights
for the share(s) you want to access
4) brows the share ;-)