ACLs in Samba 2.2.0-alpha2

Jochen Witte jwitte at meome-ag.de
Thu Mar 15 16:34:40 GMT 2001

--On Donnerstag, März 15, 2001 08:56:27 -0600 Gerald Carter <gcarter at valinux.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Mar 2001 05:22:32 Jochen Witte wrote:
>>
>> When I want to give a new user access-permissions on a file
>> from a client-machine, I get a list with all UNIX-Users
>> (e.g. lp, man, usenet, ...). That`s a little bit confusing
>> for my users, and I want to stay user-friendly :)
>>
>> Is it possible to restrict this list to the users, which
>> are also in my smbpasswd? Can I delete the machine-accounts
>> from this list?
>
> Tim added a 'hide local users' parameter.  I don't remember the
> exact samintics of what it does.  You can play with it.  It's in
> the smb.conf man page in the latest SAMBA _2_2 cvs tree.
> What you are describing is a known issue though and we are going to
> address it.  Probably not in time for the 2.2.0 release though.

Hi, me again.

Following problem: editing user/group-acls under NT4 is possible without any problems. But under W2000 I´m just able to add/edit GROUP-permissions
and to edit USER-permissions. When I want to ADD a USER I always get:

"Error while searching for displayable usernames." (translated from German)

On both the NT4 and the W2000 every user is displayed twice.

What the hack does that mean?

When I set log level = 2 the only error-message appearing is:

[2001/03/15 17:32:50, 3] rpc_server/srv_lsa_hnd.c:close_lsa_policy_hnd(272)
  Error closing policy

Greetings ...

--
Jochen WItte