SAMBA SSL: Error error setting CA

Anthony aslan at ispdr.net.au
Wed Mar 14 11:15:02 GMT 2001

Hi everyone,
	There's been a few people lately asking about this problem. I've already
offered the solution twice, and I believe Andrew has mentioned it too, but
we obviously keep getting new people on the list ;) So here's how to fix
it, once again:

Add the following line to the [global] section of your smb.conf:

ssl CA certDir = /usr/share/ssl/certs

That's it! The default is /usr/local/ssl/certs , which doesn't exist. I'm
re-posting this message for 2 reasons: 1) I like to help people with
problems I've nutted out; 2) I don't often get to help others out because
I'm not much of a seasoned Linux user. :)