2 samba server in same computer?

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at polimi.it
Tue Mar 13 14:36:00 GMT 2001

Yes, place a second nic or make an alias (if you os permit it).
Then specify "interface = <your ip>"
and "bind interface only" as parameters of your smb.conf files and start
the two set of daemons.
Be sure the every daemon use it' s own file, maybe compiling the two trees
with different installation paths is the best thing to ensure they not mix
badly.

--
Simo Sorce - Linux Systems Consultant
E-mail: simo.sorce at polimi.it
Tel: +39 0348 7149179 - Fax: +39 02 700442399