ACLs in Samba 2.2.0-alpha2

Jochen Witte jwitte at meome-ag.de
Tue Mar 13 14:21:12 GMT 2001

Hello,

I tried to manipulate access-rights from a NT4-Client.
There is no error-message on the NT-Client, but every attempt to manipulate
the access-rights fails, instead of it appears

[2001/03/13 15:14:39, 0] smbd/posix_acls.c:set_canon_ace_list(1121)
  set_canon_ace_list: Unable to init file ACL. (No such file or directory)

in log.smbd

Anyone, who can help me? I compiled samba with posix-acl support, but
configure reports:

checking whether to support POSIX ACLs... checking for acl_get_file in
-lacl... (cached) no
checking for POSIX ACL support... (cached) no

I`m using Kernel 2.4.2...is that the error:)

Greetings
--
Jochen WItte
<jwitte at meome-ag.de>