Printing

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Tue Mar 13 12:56:57 GMT 2001

Johan Strydom wrote:

> Hi samba team.

	OOPS!  You sent that to the documentation team, who
	are mostly concerned with matters of sgml and XML...

	I'm redirecting this to samba at lists.samba.org.

> I am using Solaris 2.7 with samba 2.07.  I have about 5 NT4.0 clients hue is using shared drives and a plotter and it is working OK.  Recently I got a new Windows 2000 client and the sharing of drives work fine, but I can't seem to get it to plot to the shared plotter.
> Are there another option I need to add into smb.conf file to get it to work?

	No, you need to debug the connection from
	the Windows 200 to Samba.

	Have a look at chapter 7 section 7.1.5 in
	the copy of Using Samba that came with
	your distribution (I hope!), or
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/samba/chapter/book/ch07_01.html

	Basically you need to create a dummy printer,
	have the win2k machine send a job to it, and
	see what it did by making the print command
	report it's actions to you, as shown in the book.

	We are interested in what happens: we haven't seen
	that many printing problems yet with Windows 2000.

--dave
Performance & Engineering Team | some people and astonish the rest.
Americas Customer Engineering  |                      -- Mark Twain
(905) 415-2849                 | davecb at canada.sun.com