Error copying long name word files from NT Server to Samba server

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Tue Mar 13 10:15:18 GMT 2001

On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Wilman Arambillete wrote:

> I have had problems copying word files from NT directories to Linux
> directories, conecting with smbmount from Linux.
> The problem seems to appear with certain long-name files. But I cannot find
> the pattern for this behavior.

What is your problem?
(Sorry, but "the problem" doesn't mean anything to anyone but yourself :)

Please give the command you use, error messages you see, log messages in
the kernel logfiles (and/or relevant dmesg output).

Kernel version? (2.2.18 recommended)

For a file named X does this always happen or only sometimes? If you
change the name (on the server) to something else (shorter or longer) does
the problem disappear?

/Urban