Invalid ICMP error

Adam Klein asklein at thegrid.net
Tue Mar 13 04:10:48 GMT 2001

To anyone who is well versed with  samba,

I am currently setup with ip masquerading with a cable modem connection to
my ISP.  I have an error message that continues to show up on my linux box.
It says:

10.58.0.1 sent an invalid ICMP error to a broadcast.

This means it is my linux box sending an invalid packet out through my
modem.  This started to happen when I installed samba.  So I hav come to the
conclusion that there is some setting that is causing this take effect.  I
would be gracious to anyone who would know how I could resolve this problem.
There has got to be some kind of configuration somewhere within my settings
of the smb.conf that needs to be changed.  Any direction would be great.

Thank you,

Adam