Using Samba from One Unix box to one Win98 PC

David A. Mason damason at davenet.mine.nu
Mon Mar 12 21:27:30 GMT 2001

You would need what is called a "cross-over" ethernet cable. A quick chart
is the easiest way to explain.

WOr	===	WGr
Or	===	Gr
WGr	===	WOr
Bl	===	Bl
WBl	===	WBl
Gr	===	Or
WBr	===	WBr
Br	===	Br

At one end, the crimping is standard, while at the other, 1 is switched with
3, and 2 is switched with 6.

(WOr = White-Orange, Or = Orange, Gr = Green, Bl = Blue, Br = Brown)