remote procedure call error

Mair, Wolfgang Wolfgang.Mair at force.de
Mon Mar 12 13:03:55 GMT 2001

Hello List,

I'm running samba 2.0.6 on solaris 7. And I'm having an urgent and strange
problem.

When I try to connect to a share on my server I receive the following error
message:

System error 1728 has occurred.

A remote procedure call (RPC) protocol error occurred.

I get this message with the net view <servername> as well with a doubleclick
on the Server in the network neighborhood. But I still can access the
mounted shares??!! I already had a look into the logfiles but I can't see
any errors in there. From time to time it works but most of the time it does
not.

Did anybody see this before? Or what can I do to debug this.

Please let me know

Thank you

Wolfgang