Samba and sockets

Jeroen Heijungs Jeroen.Heijungs at Het-Muziektheater.nl
Mon Mar 12 11:02:12 GMT 2001

Hi all,

I have posted before, but no one responded, so I try a second time, if
someone can help please...

Samba is always complaining about the socket options in SMB.CONF:
* If I do set the following options in smb.conf:
   socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_KEEPALIVE

   then I get the errors as listed when a workstation logs in:
   [2001/03/08 09:14:07, 0, effective(0, 0), real(0, 0)]
lib/util_sock.c:set_socket_options(154)
     Failed to set socket option SO_KEEPALIVE (Error Bad file descriptor)
   [2001/03/08 09:14:07, 0, effective(0, 0), real(0, 0)]
lib/util_sock.c:set_socket_options(154)
     Failed to set socket option TCP_NODELAY (Error Bad file descriptor)

* If I do NOT set the socket options in smb.conf, then I get exactly the
same errors

Why is this, have I done something wrong, or missed something?, and how
important is it exactly?

My Samba version is 2.0.7, running on FreeBSD version 4.2-Stable, clients
are Win95.

thanks very much in advance
Jeroen Heijungs
Het Muziektheater, Amsterdam