print help.

Joachim Feise jfeise at ics.uci.edu
Mon Mar 12 03:25:32 GMT 2001

Derek's Clone wrote:

> okay.. i'm on my winbox, looking at stuff.
> connecting to my samba server works fine.. browsing through files and
> access is fine, but when i try to print, it doesn't work at all.
> it recognizes the printer, the printer type and such, but it just doesn't
> print.
>
> [printers]
>         comment = All Printers
>         path = /tmp
>         printing = /usr/local/bin/lpr

The printing entry doesn't specify the actual print program.
For the valid values, see http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/man/smb.conf.5.html#printing
What you apparently wanted to specify is 'print command' (see
http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/man/smb.conf.5.html#printcommand).
Most of the time you don't even need to specify the print command at all, since
the value set with printing implies certain default values for the print command.

-Joe
Joachim Feise PP-ASEL   PhD Student, Information & Computer Science
mailto:jfeise at ics.uci.edu           http://www.ics.uci.edu/~jfeise/