Using smbpasswd in scripts!

Bartlomiej Solarz-Niesluchowski B.Solarz-Niesluchowski at wsisiz.edu.pl
Sat Mar 10 19:45:31 GMT 2001

At 20:32 2001-03-10, you wrote:
>See the Using Samba doc that ships with Samba 2.07, specifically the following

So - but I need use the smbpasswd program in script to changing SMB users
password - because my system is based on the database in which are stored
users related details - so user connect to database and change the password
(as root) on my main server - how change password in batch I know how to
make it with passwd (program not file), but I need make the same thing with
smbpasswd (program not file)

This password synchronization is usefull when users changing password from
workstation thru MS based password changing options in Windows - this is
not the same what i need.....

Best Regards - thanks for hlep

--
Bartlomiej Solarz-Niesluchowski, Administrator WSISiZ
e-mail: B.Solarz-Niesluchowski at wsisiz.edu.pl
01-447 Warszawa, ul. Newelska 6, pokoj 404, pon.-pt. 8-16
tel. 836-92-53 - wylacznie w WAZNYCH sprawach NIE dotyczacych zmiany hasla
Motto - nie psuj Win'9x one i bez tego sie psuja....
Jak sobie poscielisz tak sie wyspisz