Reading config file(s)

Bruce Richardson brichardson at lineone.net
Sat Mar 10 12:21:01 GMT 2001

Can anyone point me to an explanation of when the smb.conf files are
read?  After testing, it seems that smb.conf is read whenever a share is
opened - in terms of granting access to the share, at least.  But at
least some (if not all) changes to global directives require samba to be
restarted - if it's being run in daemon mode, that is.

I want to build a definitive list of which changes to smb.conf will take
effect when.

--
Bruce

Bitterly it mathinketh me, that I spent mine wholle lyf in the lists
against the ignorant.
		-- Roger Bacon, "Doctor Mirabilis"