Samba 2.0.7 on RedHat 7.0 (solution)

Anthony aslan at ispdr.net.au
Sat Mar 10 06:25:33 GMT 2001

At 02:39 a 10/03/01, Kurt wrote:
>Hello,
>     I am running Samba 2.0.7 on RedHat 7.0. When printing or even
> connecting to a windows box  of any type I get an SSL Error message
> returned to the Linux box. The samba uses the default connection and
> connects. How do I get samba to connect with defaults and not use the SSL
> type connection.
>
>  "smbclient -L <host>" I get this error.
>  "SSL:Error errot setting CA cert locations: error :00000000::lib(0)
> :func(0):reason(0)
>  trying default locations.
>  added interface ip=<local IP> bcast=IP nmask=maskIP
>

>Kurt Pasley
>Lead Technician - I/O Testing
>Phone 396-3353

Hi Kurt,
         As Andrew said, it's a harmless error. But if you're like me, it
annoys the hell out of ya! So here's how to fix it:

Add the following line to the [global] section of your smb.conf:

ssl CA certDir = /usr/share/ssl/certs

That's it! The default is /usr/local/ssl/certs , which doesn't exist. So
your other option is to create that directory structure, but I suggest you
just set it to the directory that already exists. And although I have no
idea if it makes a difference or not, there's already a Makefile file in
that directory, so it might pay to point Samba in the right direction,
rather than create the directory it's looking for. :) I hope this helps!