Samba 2.0.7 on RedHat 7.0

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Sat Mar 10 03:40:35 GMT 2001

> "PASLEY,KURT (Non-HP-Boise,ex1)" wrote:
>
> Hello,
>     I am running Samba 2.0.7 on RedHat 7.0. When printing or even
> connecting to a windows box  of any type I get an SSL Error message
> returned to the Linux box. The samba uses the default connection and
> connects. How do I get samba to connect with defaults and not use the
> SSL type connection.
>
>  "smbclient -L <host>" I get this error.
>  "SSL:Error errot setting CA cert locations: error :00000000::lib(0)
> :func(0):reason(0)
>  trying default locations.
>  added interface ip=<local IP> bcast=IP nmask=maskIP
>

> Kurt Pasley
> Lead Technician - I/O Testing
> Phone 396-3353

Its just a bug with RedHat 7.0, and is 'mostly harmless'.   Basicly they
included SSL support in a bit of a rush before the 7.0 release.  Updated
packages are available in Rawhide if it bothers you that much.  As far
as I know its not actualy attempting to connect with SSL, but just
attempting to locate the certificates.

(If you don't know what RawHide is then ignore it, its RedHats beta
distro).
--
Andrew Bartlett
abartlet at pcug.org.au