Scripts by client OS?

Mike Fedyk mikef at matchmail.com
Sat Mar 10 00:36:30 GMT 2001

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 04:58:17PM -0500, Michael Blinn wrote:
> > This command takes the usual substitutions.
>
>   Is there a way to delineate between startup scripts by the client OS?
> IE, Win95 boxes would run one startup script, Win98 boxes would run
> another? I didn't see this in the docs but just in case..

AFAIK, you have to have your script detect that itself.  Test for variables
you see on win95, win98, (which should be the same), and NT.

It's surprising that you can't check to see if a drive is there by:

j: || net use .....

but this works great on nt...  Maybe someone else knows a solution for dos
7.x? (win9x)

Mike