Configure client with no Win server.

Kathleen P. Le (CAA) kle at arl.army.mil
Fri Mar 9 14:42:51 GMT 2001

Rich,

I also think so that I need 2 smb.conf files.  And below are my
smb.conf file settings which still result in "You must log on
before performing this operation" which is when I tried to map
a directory from the SAMBA server (Linux) to the Windows client.

[global]
   netbios name = nb85
   server string = Samba Server nb85
   hosts allow =137.127.
;  guest account = pcguest
   security = user
   password level = 8
   username level = 8
# encrypt passwords = yes
# smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
   domain logons = yes
 1  name resolve order = lmhosts wins bcast
[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   path = %H
   writable = yes
   valid users = %S
   create mode = 0600
   directory mode = 0700
   locking = no
   browseable = yes
   writable = yes

Other settings that I don't list are commented out.
I appreciate any help,

Thanks,

Kathleen Le