BackupExec 8.5/NT + Samba 2.2

Ian vk4kij at ecig.com.au
Wed Mar 7 05:53:35 GMT 2001

G'day Jean-Eric,

On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, Jean-Eric Cuendet wrote:

> Does anyone have experience with BackupExec and Samba?

I currently have BackupExec v7.0 running on WinNT sp6a box backing up
itself & 2 linux boxes, both runing Samba 2.0.7, each night.

I do a full backup each time, no incremental ones.

You need to give access to the BackupExec user on the linux boxes, other
than that maybe a bit more information on your problems may help.

--
Catch you later,  |InterNet - <mailto:vk4kij at ecig.com.au>
                 || AmprNet - <mailto:vk4kij at clown.ampr.org>
      Ian.      |||    AX25 - <mailto:vk4kij at vk4kij.#sun.qld.aus.oc>
             "Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem!"