cancel with a large number of queues

THIBADEAU,DAN (HP-Roseville,ex1) dan_thibadeau at hp.com
Thu Mar 8 21:04:27 GMT 2001

I'm using Samba 1.9.18p10 in our print environment.  We have
about 1200 print queues at one of our sites and discovered that we
couldn't cancel print jobs in the 250'th queue or beyond.  We solved
the problem by not having more then 250 queues per "netbios alias"
and having a seperate included file for each, but this is inconvienient.

My question is, is this still the case in Samba 2.2?  We are
researching the expansion of this environment and would rather
have a single host capable of handeling 1000's of queues without
loss of features and using a single "netbios" name.

Dan Thibadeau