Sambady help me Samba !!

Ashwin Pai ashpai at usa.net
Thu Mar 8 15:37:47 GMT 2001

Hi guys ,

samba newbie here !

I have worked hard at trying to get samba run .. but heck!.. it doesn't !

I can see the linux server in my network neighbourhood ..
on clicking on it .. I get the user/password box. I entered the user(xyz)
password(abc) , and it says ... "account is not authorised to login from this
station"

I have added user 'xyz' using the smbadduser and set the password as (abc).

Ahh .. I had logged in as 'pqr' on this nt box ..is that the problem ?? ..do I
need to relogin as xyz ?? .. let me see .. changing login to xyz .. hang on ..

.. okay I treid that as well ..doesnt work !

where am I going wrong ? I'm sure its something very simple ! samba config
can't be this difficult ..

can somebody send me a copy of a working smb.conf and maybe if possible a
detailed list of todo's in order to get the samba working .. please?

thanks for your time
Ashwin