Time out From Win98 to Samba 2.0.7 Share

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Wed Mar 7 15:16:49 GMT 2001

Hi Matt,
This message means that literally, for some reason, the win98 pc sent a tcp
ack
back to the serverside socket with the tcp 'reset' flag set.  I've seen
WinNT clients
do this on another 3rd party SMB server when it received what it considered
a badly formatted smb request/response. You might try removing the
SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192 parameters in your smb.conf file - another
individual on this list had some success with this in a similar instance.
Good luck,
Don