Windows ME BUG?

Josh Cason casojosh at isu.edu
Wed Mar 7 14:40:34 GMT 2001

I sat down the other day to hookup a printer from my windows me machine. After checking the samba server and making sure my linux box could print. I sat down and told my windows me machine to route itself over to the linux box. I captured lpt3 and went to print. Windows came back with a error about job being deleted. I searched all over the internet for hours trying to figure out why windows would not print. I then decided to create a port instead of capturing. I then had no problems in printing at all. I do not know if this is a securety problem. A windows me problem. Something microsoft changes. Unforchanetly I do not have a windows 98 machine to see if the problem would go away.

Please let me know if you have heard of such a problem.

Thanks,

Josh