2.0.7 nmbd hanging up

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Wed Mar 7 13:56:41 GMT 2001

> Sistemas Comau do Brasil wrote:
> I installed the version SAMBA_2.0.7 in a workstation SUN
> SOLARIS_2.6.
> Seemingly, everything works well, but it frequently happens
> travamentos in the communication between Windows and Unix.
> Somebody can help myself. It is very urgent!!!

Mar  7 03:13:48 cad1 inetd[179]: netbios-ns/udp server failing
(looping), service terminated
Mar  7 03:27:03 cad1 inetd[179]: /opt/samba/bin/nmbd: Hangup

	This is aproblem we occasionally see when running
	from inetd: I'll send you a script to run it
	from /etc/rc3.d.

	Ps: discussion redirected to samba at lists.samba.org

--dave
Performance & Engineering Team | some people and astonish the rest.
Americas Customer Engineering  |                      -- Mark Twain
(905) 415-2849                 | davecb at canada.sun.com