Printing and Sharing

Nestler, David J. David_Nestler at health.state.ak.us
Tue Mar 6 20:44:47 GMT 2001

Ok, I'll start with the sharing.  I'm trying to use smbmount to mount the
file space on the other computer so I can browse it through this one.I type
in

[root at localhost /]# smbmount //jdph5/i$ <file://jdph5/i$>  /mnt/smb -o
username=dnestler
Password:
tree connect failed: ERRDOS - ERRnosuchshare (You specified an invalid share
name)
SMB connection failed

Now I know that the share on jdph5 is correct, because I can browse it using
smbclient.  So I'm wondering if I'm using the wrong command, or if I need to
make /mnt/smb a shared filespace, if so how do I do that?

Also wondering about printers....I've got all the access rights and so
forth, but I need to mount some printers...and I'm little more then confused
on how to do this.  Any help on either of these two issues is much
appreciated