authenticating to Win2000 server

Jim VandeVegt vandevegt at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 6 19:05:28 GMT 2001

[I saw this question once in the list archives, but no answer, so
I'll repeat as it is my current problem.]

Samba version 2.0.7, Solaris 8

Solaris box is a member of domain A. Domain A's PDC trusts domains B
and C, can authenticate passwords of users in those domains.

Domain B has an NT4 PDC.
Domain C has a Win2000 PDC.

Password authentication works on the Solaris box for domain B users,
does not work for domain C users.  NT4 servers with file shares can
authenticate domain C users.

All my users are transitioning from domain B to domain C, so you can
see I have a growing problem here :-(.

I'm wondering if this is related to the known issue that Win2000
clients cannot "log in" to a samba PDC. Something has been added to
the password authentication procedure that samba doesn't know about?

=====
Jim VandeVegt
vandevegt at yahoo.com vandevegt at avaya.com
http://members.xoom.com/vandevegt
There is no luck except where there is discipline.