Encrypted passwords for Windows 2000

James Nord teilo at cdt.luth.se
Tue Mar 6 16:57:41 GMT 2001

Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Administrative tools -> Local
Security Policy

Then its in one of the tabs... "Send unecrypted password to third party
SMB servers"

Otherwise

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanworkstation\parameters

EnablePlainTextPassword
takes same form (dword 1 to enable)

There should be a reg file with the samba distribution?

/James

--
Technology is a word that describes something that doesn't work yet.
	Douglas Adams