Samba subnets

Taj the_taj at breathe.com
Tue Mar 6 15:01:58 GMT 2001

Hi,

I've got a problem with client machines (windoze) not announcing themselves to the wins server unless they are re-booted.

Basicly the setup is 2 subnets linked together with a Linux box. ( with 2 workgroups - 1 on each side)

I want machines from one subnet to be able to access the machines shares (etc) on the other subnet.  If the wins.dat file has the machine entry in it, then it all work fine, but that entry ONLY gets there if I re-boot that client machine!

As I want client machines on one subnet to access a server on the other subnet I dont want to have to re-boot the server everytime I reboot or change settings on the Linux box !

I've tried all kinds of settings in the smb.conf (attached) but no joy ! :(

If anyone has any ideas / clues ..or needs more info, please ask ..

Steve

Smb.conf
--------

[global]
# Global parameters
	workgroup = Internet
	netbios name = ICT_FW1
	encrypt passwords = no
	update encrypted = no
	log level = 3
	log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
	guest account = pcguest
	hosts allow = 192.168.0. 192.168.1.
	wins support = yes
	interfaces = 192.168.0.1/24 192.168.1.1/24
	domain master = yes
	local master = yes
	preferred master = yes
	os level = 65
	name resolve order = wins hosts lmhosts bcast
	dns proxy=no
#        remote announce = 192.168.1.1/CURR 192.168.0.1/ADMIN
#        remote browse sync = 192.168.0.255

#[homes]
#	comment = Home Directories
#	read only = No
#	create mask = 0750