Samba on vxfs

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Tue Mar 6 13:16:11 GMT 2001

On Monday 05 March 2001 13:36, Alla Milko wrote:
>Has anyone had any experience with samba on a Solaris 2.6 system using
>vxfs file system?

	I've run it on Solaris 7 and 8, and it's fine.
	However, the SMB load is directory-intensive, and so
	using the -o logging option on Solaris 8 UFS will give
	you the same performance inprovement you get from VxFS.
	[I tested them with Andrew's dbench this winter: technical
	details on request]

--dave
Performance & Engineering Team | some people and astonish the rest.
Americas Customer Engineering  |                      -- Mark Twain
(905) 415-2849                 | davecb at canada.sun.com