Samba passwd..was:(no subject)

GL Fournerat gary at netin.com
Tue Mar 6 08:05:53 GMT 2001

Hello Carl:

I don't have any answers for you.. simply because you are further
ahead in the Samba game than I am (yet to get Swat up and running,
much less smbclient).. and I've been working on this almost non-stop
for close to a week now.

But I can say this.. I've been working on/with computers for 15 years
now, and you would never guess where I've been the most successful at
fixing problems on them.... in the shower!

Seems that once I pull away from it all, get my mind completely off
computers for a while, I can come back to them and see things in a
different light.. even re-reading the same old documents suddenly
shows me something I had not seen (or thought of) before.

Know also that you might need to call your Linux distribution (Red
Hat, Mandrake, etc.) supplier to get the kind of immediate support
you're wanting.  While this mailing list is certainly worth the
effort, it can be slow in responding... but your posts _are_ being
read.. any by people that have been where you are now.. just like
myself.

Gary Fournerat