files disappear from share

Anthony Ewell aewell at gbis.com
Tue Mar 6 00:04:00 GMT 2001

Hi Mark,

    Files in /var/tmp get erased every time you reboot.  Suggestion:
create a directory called "/export".  Inside export, create "public",
users directories, etc..  And, share them from Samba. This way
thay are easier to administer (and find!); not to mention they
won't get erased  every time you reboot.

--Tony