SWAT: please help

Russ Brucks russb at kfoc.net
Mon Mar 5 22:30:00 GMT 2001

This is a quick shot in the dark, but in your email you displayed the cat of
/etc/xinetd.d/swat

>#cat /etc/xinetd.d/swat
># default: off
>\
>#                          to configure your Samba server.
>To use SWAT, \
>#                          connect to port 901 with your
>favorite web browser.
>service swat
>{
>            port        = 901
>            socket_type    = stream
>            wait        = no
>            only_from = 127.0.0.1
>            user        = smbuser
>            server    = /usr/sbin/swat
>            log_on_failure    += USERID
>            disable    = no
>}

I bet the line stating >  only_from = 127.0.0.1  is the culprit.  I would
think this is interpretted as SWAT will only accept connections from
127.0.0.1, vis a vis the local host.  I removed this line from my
xinetd.d/swat file.  Try that and see if it helps.  I would also imagine the
user = smbuser would require you to login to SWAT as only smbuser.  I'm not
sure if you put a space or a comma to add more than one user.  I'm still
using root as mine.  (I know, I know...  bad sysadmin!)

Cheers,

Russ

===== Original Message from gary at netin.com (GL Fournerat) at 3/05/01 4:12 pm