How to set up SWAT ?

Edmond Cheng edmcheng at sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 5 06:19:45 GMT 2001

I am using Red Hat 7.0 and my SWAT is not working.  I changed the /etc/xinetd.d/swat file to enable the SWAT.  But when I type http://localhost:901/, Netscape returns the error message, "A network error occurred while Netscape was receiving data (Network Error: Connection reset by peer) Try connecting again".

Please help!

Edmond

Below is the /etc/xinetd.d/swat:

# default: off
#        to configure your Samba server. To use SWAT, \
#        connect to port 901 with your favorite web browser.
service swat
{
 port = 901
 socket_type = stream