Smb Retry and SSL

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Sat Mar 3 23:23:49 GMT 2001

On Fri, 2 Mar 2001, D&D Jordan wrote:

> This is exceedingly troublesome because when it decides to send an error to
> the console I
> have been in the process of editing files, scripts, etc. and it drops the
> error message
> right into the middle of what I am working on.

Ah, you didn't mention this in your earlier message.

You can disable these particular messages by editing
fs/smbfs/proc.c (search for smb_retry and then the "new pid" printout)
fs/smbfs/sock.c (search for the "setting invalid" printout)
and simply remove those lines or change them from PARANOIA() into
VERBOSE(). And then recompile.

You can disable a lot of "questionable" error messages by editing
fs/smbfs/Makefile and remove the line that defines the paranoia setting:
EXTRA_CFLAGS += -DSMBFS_PARANOIA

These messages are logged at KERN_NOTICE level (5). You can hide all such
messages by pressing alt+sysrq+4 (if you have sysrq enabled).

/Urban