Samba Compile problems

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Fri Mar 2 11:01:36 GMT 2001

On Fri, 2 Mar 2001, Matthew Dormer wrote:

> I Posted this message a couple of days ago and have had no responses, Am I
> posting in the wrong place or can nobody help me?

Perhaps because it is linux specific and not samba?

> >In file included from /usr/include/linux/fs.h:12,
> >                  from /usr/include/linux/capability.h:13,
> >                  from /usr/include/sys/capability.h:23,
> >                  from include/includes.h:323,
> >                  from smbd/server.c:23:
> >/usr/include/linux/wait.h:4: warning: `WNOHANG' redefined
> >/usr/include/bits/waitflags.h:26: warning: this is the location of the
> >previous definition

It looks like /usr/include/linux isn't the same as it was when glibc was
compiled (by your distribution maker most likely).

/usr/include/linux is commonly a symlink to /usr/src/linux/include/linux.
And that is ok (not really) as long as /usr/src/linux doesn't change.

Try re-installing kernel-headers or some similar package.

If you compile your own kernels don't do that in /usr/src/linux, try
$HOME/src/linux or something.

/Urban