Configuring Samba

David Rankin drankin at cox-internet.com
Fri Mar 2 03:34:48 GMT 2001

Rod, give us a little more information...

What Linux/Unix system are you using and what version of samba?
  Are you using DHCP or static IPs?
How many client machines do you have?
How many client machines do you have working and what OS do you have on them?
  How is TCP/IP configured on the client (DHCP, WINS, Gateway and DNS)
  If WinXX, what does winipcfg say?
How many client machines do you have NOT working and what OS do you have on
them?
  How is TCP/IP configured on the client (DHCP, WINS, Gateway and DNS)
  If WinXX, what does winipcfg say?
What does your smb.conf look like?
What does your "var/log/messages" file look like?
What does your "var/log/samba/smb.log" file look like (could be under a
different name)?

I think I could give a much more meaningful answer if I had the above
information. Moreover, those on the list with much greater experience than I
would also be in a better position to address your problem and offer probable
solutions. I can't help you with multiple subnet problems - I haven't done
that yet..